Marisa Ricci - Holistic Nutritionist
● 1 package of sun dried tomato and basil turkey sausages from Stapleton Sausage (package comes with 4 sausages)
● 1 package of rotini noodles (about 340 grams), I used gluten free rice noodles
● 1⁄2 bunch of asparagus, cut into 1 1⁄2 inch size pieces
● 1⁄2 cup sun dried tomatoes, diced
● 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
● 2 cups packed baby kale or arugula
● 2 tsp avocado oil
● Goat feta cheese
● Green onion
● 1⁄2 avocado
● 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, tightly packed
● Handful of cilantro
● 1⁄4 cup tahini
● 2 cloves of garlic
● 1 tbsp lemon juice
● 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
● 1⁄4 cup + 2 tbsp water
● Sea salt and pepper, to taste
● Preheat oven to 350 F. Toss the chopped asparagus into a bowl with avocado oil, sea salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Then bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
● Cook noodles following package instructions, adding sea salt to the water. *If using gluten free noodles rinse after cooking in cold water and toss in 1 tsp of avocado oil to prevent sticking, add sea salt and set aside to cool.
● Prepare frozen sausage by placing in a saucepan with and inch of cold water. Bring to a boil, then turn heat down to simmer and cook for 5 - 7 minutes, turning the sausages halfway. After water evaporates add 1 tsp of avocado oil to pan fry sausages on medium heat for another 5 minutes, turning halfway. Keep an eye on them, as you don’t want them to over cook, they are done when the sides have browned slightly and they reach an internal temperature of 165F. When they are done set aside to rest and chop them into bite sized pieces before plating.
● Prepare pesto sauce by adding all of the ingredients to a food processor, pulse until smooth.
● Assemble salad in a large mixing bowl tossing noodles, baby kale (or arugula), sun dried tomatoes, pine nuts, asparagus, and pesto sauce.
● Transfer to plates and top with chopped sausages, goat feta, and green onion.
TIP - If you like extra saucy noodles I recommend doubling the pesto recipe!
|stapleton sausage co.||
AVOCADO BASIL PESTO PASTA SALAD